New Covenant Fellowship extends to you a warm invitation to worship with us at any time. It is our desire that you would find our church family and worship service helpful in your daily goal of loving God with all of your heart, mind and strength. On behalf of the members of New Covenant Fellowship, I would like to encourage you and make our church life available to you in your pursuit to glorify God and enjoy Him forever. On our website, you will find service times, our Statement of Faith and history, as well as other aspects of church life that you may find helpful. May the Joy of the Lord fill your life.
Building on the Rock,
Paul Montanye, Pastor
Young ladies age 13 and up: Girls' retreat is coming up July 12-15, 2015. Please join us for this life changing retreat, held at New Covenant Fellowship grounds.
Young men age 13 and up: Guys' retreat is coming July 23 - 25, 2015, held at New Covenant Fellowship grounds. Visit our webpage for more information.
All men are invited to attend our 1st Annual Men's Rally - Saturday, August 1, 2015, held at New Covenant Fellowship.
New Covenant Fellowship is a non-denominational, family-oriented church body committed to strong, conservative evangelical Bible teaching and preaching.
We invite everyone to our early morning prayer time that meets in the Pastor's study at 9 a.m.
Our Sunday School runs from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. each Sunday morning.
Our church service begins at 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary.
New Covenant Fellowship is Evangelical and Essentially Reformed in our doctrinal beliefs:
1. In the verbal and plenary (complete) inspiration of the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit, which are inerrant and infallible and are the supreme authority for Christian thought and life.
2. In the eternal, sovereign triune God – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, three distinct persons, one deity.
3. That man is created in the image of God, but fallen and depraved, therefore needing salvation that comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
4. In Jesus Christ, God the Son, the world’s only Savior; in His incarnation and virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, burial and bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and personal, visible return to claim His own people.
5. In God, the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, regenerates, indwells, gifts and empowers the believer.
6. In the resurrection of the dead, the believer to life everlasting, and the unbeliever to eternal condemnation.
7. That the presence of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit in the believer will result in a life of personal holiness and a walk of obedience to the will of God.
In 1980, two families from Northern Virginia, the Kirkendalls and the Owens, came to Nottoway County, burning with a God-given passion — to use God’s Word to foster vibrant Christian character growth and to equip individuals and families in such a way that His reign would extend to every area of their lives. God blessed their faithful service through preaching and teaching opportunities and the burden spread to other local families who, in turn, began to fellowship together in homes.This small group of believers continued to minister to people in the community by operating a Christian coffeehouse, a clothes closet, and a community food pantry. In 1984, with David Kirkendall emerging as the pastoring elder, God established a non-denominational church – New Covenant Fellowship. By God’s grace, NCF experienced consistent growth and moved from home meetings to meeting at the Cornerstone Coffeehouse, to a rented church and, in 1993, constructed and moved into the current worship facility situated on 47 acres in rural Nottoway County.
After 20 years of devoted service to NCF, Pastor Kirkendall stepped down and Paul Montanye, one of the original church members who was personally mentored by Pastor Kirk, became Pastor of the local fellowship. Pastor Paul, a former elder, associate pastor, and graduate of Columbia International University, was ordained as a minister of the gospel in November 2003 and was appointed by the eldership to serve as the Senior Pastor of New Covenant Fellowship. The body of NCF embraces Paul and his family as they obey God in this call upon their lives.
NCF hosts a variety of ministries that span all age groups and reach beyond our local church body into our community, and into the world.
We desire to be a church that represents Jesus’ commission to his disciples in Acts 1:8: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
The various ministries at NCF are meant to train up disciples of Christ, to serve Him in the many different ways He has gifted us, and to send disciples out into our own community and “the ends of the earth.”
You can find a listing of some of our ministries below, to name a few, and their descriptions by clicking on the links.